When it comes to our bluestem water additive, many of our customers ask, "my cat doesn't drink water, or only drinks directly from the tap, what do I do?"
Here are a few tips and tricks we at bluestem came up with to help!
- Place a few water bowls throughout your house and show them to your cat. By giving them multiple options they will be more inclined to drink from them throughout the day.
- Add a flavour to your cat’s water (such as bluestems chicken water additive!) to attract them to the water dish.
- Use a water fountain instead of a water dish to attract your cat to this fun water providing alternative.
- Try different bowl sizes. Cats are extremely sensitive to their bowl location as well as bowl type. By trying different sizes, you can determine what they prefer.
- Changing your cats water frequently and making sure it is fresh can also encourage your cat to drink more. It is a theory that cats prefer the freshest water possible which is why they are so eager to drink from the tap.